Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Madras week- Day 3
Photo Exhibition on Madras-Volgograd twin cities

Venue: Russian Cultural Centre,Alwarpet, Chennai


As soon as I entered the Russian centre, the security told me that the exhibition has not yet started. I read about the Exhibition in Hindu dated Aug 19. He asked me to leave my mobile number and promised that the coordinators will inform me once the exhibition is inaugurated. He then asked me to go to the reception and inquire, I did that and at last i reached this hall


Its a small but worth visiting exhibition that showcases the Mount Road of 1890


Then in 1907

Other places exhibited are The Central station, Mowbray's Road, Mylapore


Photos from city of Volgograd


Exhibition also features rare stamps and coins from Russia and India







Final coins of U.S.S.R is an interesting Exhibit



While coming out I wanted to tell the security to at least go and have a look at whats happening inside the centre

No comments: