Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sachin@20. What the World said about Master Blaster-Part 1.



"I was fielding in the covers Tendulkar came out to bat in his debut Test at Karachi. I still remember Waqar Younis was at his peak form at that time. Tendulkar tried to drive Waqar through the covers off his very first ball in Testcricket but was beaten all ends up. But I walked to captain Imran Khan and told him 'this kid looks very good' and Imran agree with me."

AbdulQadir


"Sachin Tendulkar is a genius. I'm a mere mortal."
Brian Lara



"I have seen God. He bats at number 4 for India."
Mathew Hayden



"Beneath the helmet, under that unruly curly hair, inside the cranium, there is something we don't know, something beyond scientific measure. Something that allows him to soar, to roam a territory of sport that, forget us, even those who are gifted enough to play alongside him cannot even fathom. When he goes out to bat, people switch on their television sets and switch off their lives."
BBC Sports




"You take Don Bradman away and he is next up I reckon."
Steve Waugh



"I think he is marvelous. I think he will fit in whatever category of Cricket that has been played or will be played, from the first ball that has ever been bowled to the last ball that's going to be. He can play in any era and at any level. I would say he's 99.5% perfect."
Viv Richards



"Cricketers like Sachin come once in a lifetime, and I am privileged he played in my time."

Wasim Akram



(To be continued...)

No comments: